At-a-Glance Benefits for Teens, Here:
- Challenging but balanced learning environment. Technique work is balanced with working on the songs you want to sing.
- Up-to-date songs. Access to a huge, constantly updated library of pop, indie, and theatre songs.
- Authentic style coaching and accompaniment from a working commercial musician.
- Update, May 2018: I've successfully completed my B. Ed. practicum through UBC, and will soon be a BC Ministry of Education-licensed school teacher, bound to the Ministry's pedagogical and ethical Standards. This qualification is rare among Vancouver-area voice teachers, and represents a significant additional layer of accountability in a teacher's interactions with youth, as well as a significant amount of study in evidence-based best practices for inclusive education and social-emotional development. Link to Standards pdf.
Select Experience with Teens:
- Musical director for teen pre-professional programs including Arts Club Musical Theatre Intensive, Richmond Gateway Summer Musical Theatre Program, and Byng and Magee Fine Arts High School theatre programs.
- Musical director for over thirty high school shows.
- Many clients are teen singers--we seem to get along great :)
Philosophy for Working with Teens:
Teens studying here get treated the same way as adults, mostly, i.e. some work, some fun--according to each individual's strengths, personality, and goals--in a respectful, inclusive atmosphere.
Try a lesson / View Schedule:
Considering trying a lesson? It's easy to see what times are available in the coming weeks.