Lessons for Teens
At-a-Glance Benefits for Teens, Here:
- Challenging but fun lessons. We balance exercises with song work, according to each singer's personality and ability.
- Up-to-date songs. My Top 40 sheet music library stays current with pop, indie, and theatre songs, with special emphasis on songs that will help develop a young singer's voice.
- Authentic style coaching and accompaniment from a working commercial musician.
Experience with Teens
- Musical director for several teen pre-professional programs: Arts Club Musical Theatre Intensive, Richmond Gateway Summer Musical Theatre Program.
- Musical director for over thirty high school shows.
- 30-40% of current clients are teen singers--we seem to get along great :)
Philosophy for Working with Teens
Teens studying here get treated the same way as adults, mostly, i.e. some work, some fun--according to each individual's personality and goals, in a respectful, non-patronizing atmosphere.
Try a lesson / View Schedule:
Considering trying a lesson? It's easy to see what times are available in the coming weeks.
More Info / Specific Goals:
"Can you help me with my specific goals?" Very likely, yes. See if any of the topics, below, match your goals.
"I want to sing better..."
Auditions: "I'm prepping for..."