Musical Theatre Audition Preparation
Have a song? Need a song? Need your accompaniment recorded? Need help singing your song? Need help with singing in general? You'll be well taken care of here. See below for what you'll get, and a summary of my credentials in musical theatre.
Audition Prep. Services:
Get help with all the important aspects of preparing a singing audition, including:
- Great audition songs. Get access to a database with thousands of Broadway songs, all searchable by range, era, style, and other important factors.
- Technique and performance coaching. Learn quick tweaks you can apply to make the challenging parts of your song feel easier and more reliable.
- Insights for those new to auditions. Get straightforward advice from an experienced audition panellist.
- Sheet music help. Find the right key for your song, and format your sheet music so it's easier for your accompanist to play well.
- Recordings of your accompaniment. These are great to practise with.
- Run "mock auditions." Practise what you'll say to the panel and the pianist so everything is calm, clear and professional at the audition.
- Musical director and casting team member for over forty musical theatre productions, amateur to professional, including Arts Club (Avenue Q, Youth Intensive), Western Canada Theatre (Last 5 Years, Dreamer's Quest), Studio 58 (Grease), TUTS (five seasons as pianist; conductor for Jesus Christ Superstar).
- Audition pianist for many more theatrical productions.
- University-level acting training.
- Casting director and music director for Famous Players Band (i.e. real world experience as a professional pop player/singer; especially useful for jukebox shows and other contemporary pop/rock musicals).